curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Monday, April 12, 2010

a world full of Burton.

I have to admit, I am a tiny bit obsessed with Tim Burton and his work, and have been for quite a long time now. He is such a vision on the creative industry and his talents really do spread to a lot of areas. Not only was I inspired by his 2010 3D adaption of Alice in Wonderland but while doing my research I also came across an editorial he styled for Harper's Bazaar (photographed by Tim Walker) which I was also inspired by for its use of fantasy and desire. The way Burton takes high couture fashion to a new level is amazing, bringing it into a horror/halloween setting and adapting it to some of his earlier works like Edward Scissor Hands (1990) and The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993).


To me these images are not disturbing at all, they are brilliant. I love them, I love the adaption to movies and horror and thriller, it is quite humorous yet artistic and brilliant at the same time. I thought it was too good of an editorial not to share with you, everything about it is magnificent, it is fashion and art and film all wrapped up into one inspiring little package. I'd love these images framed and put on my bedroom wall so I could look at them everyday...I told you I was obsessed.

But really, Tim Burton is a fantastic creative soul that I love to draw inspiration from, I want to bring to life my designs the way Burton brings to life his characters and the stories in his films. I guess you could call him a mentor in my work. So, enjoy...I hope that you find this as delicious and inspiring as I do.






No comments:

Post a Comment