curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Thursday, April 22, 2010

MANIAMANIA

It has definately been a while since this little lady (myself) has written a post, the sad truth is that I have been far too busy to even breathe but thank goodness I have some spare time to relax with my cup of strong coffee and delightfully sift through some of my favourite things.

At the moment I am getting ridiculously obsessed with industrial metal. All things metal. Embellishments, beads, jewellery, if it is metal then I want in on it!! I was reading my last edition of Oyster magazine, as I do with every magazine, I skim once, read a second time a little more thoroughly and then go back about 700 more times and actually devour the whole magazine, while I was reading for the 700th time I came across MANIAMANIA. This jewellery label, consisting of stylist Tamila Purvis and art director Melanie Kamsler, is clearly fantastic, according to me anyway, they create jewellery with inspiration from all different eras in time.

In Oyster they say that they are interested in "magic and mysticism but with a contemporary edge"

For me I think the most inspiring thing about this jewellery is the creative vision that is behind it and also the idea of this hard and striking metal against the skin or a soft flowing fabric. The jewellery is exquisite and my hat goes off to their fine use of metal work.

So, I think it is time that you yourself grabbed a coffee or a sweet cup of tea and just indulged in some of the finer things in life, take a look at MANIA MANIA, it may just brighten your day. xxx.


All Images from: http://www.themaniamania.com/home.php


No comments:

Post a Comment