curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Friday, April 2, 2010

back to the beginning.




I thought I should let you all in on the main reason for creating this blog...and my plans for the journey ahead.
So it all began with an assignment, to create a blog about my design process this year, the year that is the dreaded yet much awaited fourth and final year! A lover of blogs myself, I had never actually thought of creating my own. What would I say. Would anyway even be listening. Then it occured to me, these are all irrelevant really, I would say what I felt, all the nonsense that was cluttered up in my mind and if no one was listening, well that is tough but atleast I was getting the nonsense out of my mind.


So....it started. 'pocketful of nonsense' - the place I can let my thoughts explode. To express my inspirations for my fourth year collection and beyond.
My area of research this year is - 'Fashions ability to transform the identity of the body.'
I am looking into Fashion as Fantasy - the superhero and the power of transformation. I want to explore distortion and mutation on the body, looking into future technologies to do this.

The ever inspiring Georgio Armarni explored fantasy, fashion and the superhero and stated that “Fashion, like the superhero, allows you to dream and escape into a world of unfettered imagination... Fashion designers have always been fascinated by the idea of how clothing can transform the body and even the perceived character of the wearer”

Looking into fantasy I am going to fuse together the futuristic and distorted nature of the concept car and the wierd and wonderful world of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland film. A futuristic blend of the wierd and wonderful, quirky and distorted, taking fashion and the body into a new realm.

Images: stills from Tim Burton's 2010 Alice in Wonderland 3D Film.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/AliceInWonderlandAustralia

disney.go.com/disneypictures/aliceinwonderland/

No comments:

Post a Comment