curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Live from New York.

Every now and again I find an editorial that really inspires me (and as a budding designer I am constantly scouring magazines as they are my bibles) and once I find it I can't let it go for a very long time which is why I seem to have a huge handful (or 15 handfuls) of fashion editorials that I just love. For me the fashion editorial is all about evoking a feeling, a mood and displaying creativity aswell as beautiful fashion.

As I have previously mentioned, I am currently a little bit obsessed with the world of fantasy, distortion and sculptural bodies. So, in accordance with this I thought this editorial was quite relevant, not only is it in black and white with perfect shades of grey (my favourite form of colour or lack there of) but the way the models and backdrops have been positioned into the frame is absolutely amazing. They are like sculptures adapting to the world that they are living it, the distorted clothing matched with the out of the ordinary poses creates a beautiful setting and photographs that I could look at for hours. The models are interacting with the camera, therefore the audience as well as their surroundings, instead of being a static figure in a huge picture they are actually part of the picture, capturing the life around them and becoming part of the world around them.


I actually just cannot get enough of this editorial but I will stop talking so you cn devour it as much as I have. ‘LIVE FROM NEW YORK’ shoot with Freja Beha and Sasha Pivovarova photographed by Mario Sorrenti and styled by Jane How for V Magazine - Fall 2009.

Image Source: http://papermode.cyanatrendland.com/live-from-new-york-by-mario-sorrenti-for-v-magazine-fall-2009/











No comments:

Post a Comment