curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

my new favourite...

I just love a huge scultpural piece of clothing, doesn't everyone? I guess not...but never the less I am quite obsessed to put it mildly. This is exactly what I want my collection be like, ok, well not exactly but Samantha Cole is a genius designer. The line work, the structure, the use of unusual yet delectable materials makes my mouth water. She creates unreal shapes and silhouettes on the body and does it in a semi-wearable way.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.


Cole is a designer who tackles issues in society and the world as a whole, she designs with inspiration from the social and economic climate, the idea of coming out and starting a new, taking direct reference from post-modern archictecture. Post-modernism, being a subject I am looking at as part of my research this year.
All in all, Samantha Cole really captures the essence of sculpture, detailing, strength, power, courage and determination all in her garments.

All images sourced from: http://www.samanthacolelondon.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment