curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Knight in shining armour.





Fashion photography for me is an inspiration, the way a photographer can capture a moment in time is something so special and the way fashion photographers create a narrative through clothing is unbelievable. I cherish opening a magazine and devouring the editorials. I could go back hundreds of times and look at each page over and over again and I will always be fascinated. Each time I look at them, something new opens up to me about the pictures, about the clothes and about the photographer. Fashion photographs are a place I can indulge my fantasies. A place that my wildest dreams can come true. One photographer in particular, Nick Knight, takes us on a journey like no other...

Nick Knight. WOW. what an amazing photographer and story teller. His work is amazining, when I look at it I am instantly taken to another world. We should all engage in fantasy and imagination from time to time, it will keep us sane, or so that is what I believe. Why follow the norm when you can indulge in the luxury of someone like Nick Knight's photography!
I have been studying the work of Nick Knight for my dissertation, which ties in with fantasy, transformation and pushing the boundaries of the body and fashion. This particular editorial, photographed by Knight is out of this world. I cannot take my eyes of it. The clothes, the poses, the props, the models, the composition. It is just unreal. It is a dream. I really wanted to share this editorial with you, it was published in Vogue UK in 2008 and is something that I feel should never be forgotten.

So, as I am indulging in a year of futuristic 'Alice in Wonerland' type fantasy and thought you could do with a little journey to the other side as well. The side that is out of this world, unreal, imaginative.


After all, we're all slightly mad anyway.


Images: Photographer Nick Knight

Vogue UK. Fashionation. November 2008.http://www.fashion-ation.net/category/women/post/106/vogue-uk-unbelievable-fashion.aspx

www.nickknight.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment