curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Thursday, April 8, 2010

distort my body.





While I am on the subject of sculptural bodies and distortion I thought it would be quite useful and relevant to explore the work of creative duo Lucy and Bart. A collaboration between these two successful designers has seen them unleash a whole new idea about human form and the boundaries that our bodies can go to if we allow them to. How far would you be willing to push your body for the purpose of art and experimentation.

Lucy and Bart have done it all and they are continuously experimenting which is why they come up so much in my research and my work. I have been following the designers for about 2 years now and they continue to inspire my work. The common place for me is sometimes boring, I like to be taken to a new and surreal world and I like to engage in fantasy. Who would've thought that sticking an extreme amount of paper to a persons skin or covering their body in balloons to distort the shape could be so intriguing.


Images: lucyandbart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment