curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Sunday, April 11, 2010

TRON inspired.

Looking for inspiration is sometimes a bit of a battle, you know what you want but you can never find it. I was lucky in the case of my latest piece of inspiration for my 2010 Women's wear collection. I was told about the new 3D movie 'TRON Legacy' which is to hit theatres in 2011, although that is a fair way away, I still have the trailer and movie stills to draw my inspiration from. There is so much in this movie that fits to my concept and my design ideas. The idea of the machine inspired body, a futuristic fantasy form taking over the world of fashion. Half human, half robot! The movie is all about a boy who has been pulled into a strange world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games. Along with his father, he embarks on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

I am so inspired by the idea of another universe, a new space to project our fantasies onto to or indeed live out our most imaginative desires and fantasies. I want to bring to life this unbelievable world of fashion and the machine, the evolution of the human form into this being that is to be fantasised about yet it can also be acted out. We all have fantasies and desires and I want to play out these fantasies in the form of fashion and sculptural form on the body, I want to create a world 2000 years from now where human is machine, where the human form is half human and half robot, where our bodies can be manipulated, distorted and enhanced in any way we like.



Check out the 'TRON Legacy' official Trailor at
www.disney.go.com/tron/
Image Source - http://www.traileraddict.com/content/walt-disney-pictures/tronlegacy-3.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment