curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ricci are you serious?

Yet again I was looking through some old magazines (in this case old isn't so old) and I cam across some spectacularly fun yet scary shoes designed by Oliver Theyskens for Nina Ricci (his last collection with the label) for Fall 2009. I am one of those typical girls who loves shoes to death but unlike many I don't love wearing them as much as I love them for their beauty and their aesthetic. I have always dreamed that one day when I am rich (wishful thinking) I will buy copious amounts of shoes just because I can and I will display them in my house so I can admire them day after day. Of course I couldn't get away with not wearing some of them. These beautiful, yet insane shoes by Theyskens are a pair I would definitely love to display in my home, I'm not sure how I would go walking in them, in fact I take my hat off to the models who walked the collection for him, it must have been rough, no doubt a few beads of sweat were shed.
Image Source: http://www.polyvore.com/nina_ricci_platform_shoe/thing?id=6446367

The incredibly HIGH HIGH HIGH platform shoe can not necessarily be classified as a heel. It doesn't have a heel and the ones that do, well the heel never touches the ground. I just find these shoes absolutely fascinating, they are a work of art, and I would love to be able to put my foot in one just to see how it works and what it feels like. This is what I love about fashion, the fact that it can be so insane sometimes that its fantastic. As I am researching fashion and fantasy it has occurred to me that I love the weird and the wonderful in fashion, I love the random little details that designers add to give the look a quirky touch and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that designers, especially Oliver Theyskens, are designing shoes that are pushing the boundaries and questioning what a shoe actually is!





Images Sourced from:

No comments:

Post a Comment