curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Monday, April 12, 2010

my ambitions.

I was given some fantastic advice today -
'Nothing can hurt you unless you give it the power to do so, so ignore people who belittle your ambitions and be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind'.

This little piece of advice or encouragement, no matter how small gave me the passion and the determination to do great things. People may not always support you and that is fine, but if you know in your heart that you can achieve something then nothing can stop you, no matter how long it takes you or how hard the journey might be, you can get there in the end.

I feel that sometimes in design, especially fashion, there is so much negativity and people are always being put down so you have to have a strong head on your shoulders, you have to do what makes you happy and do not ever listen to the people who aren't going to help you become the best you can be. Critisism is one thing, nastiness is another.
So...as I ponder on my piece of advice I want you all to realise that you are truly great in your own special way. I know that I can create something great out of fashion because it is what I want. And I have a fabulous group of people around to support me.

I believe what makes me a good designer and a professional person is the fact that I've been through a lot of things, bad, good, tough, extremely hard...but I have come out the other end with experiences and the knowledge that no matter how tough things get, I can do it, I can come out the other side.
This post may be a bit deep, and possibly irrelevant but I just felt I needed to let it out. I want to encourage people to go for their dreams because I certainly have.

No comments:

Post a Comment