curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

RAFW DAY ONE!

So, as fashion week in Sydney kicks off I can hardly contain my excitment. So many inspiring and motivated designers to devour. Over the next week I'll be posting some of my favourites and maybe some of my less favourites...I don't want to bore you with every piece from every collection so here are a few highlights for me...more to come!

Enjoy!

Samantha Harris was a stunner in Lisa Ho






Lisa Ho RAFW 2010
Although not completely my style of design, Lisa Ho never seems to disappoint. Her prints were outstanding and the mix of hard and soft made me want more and more. I loved the way the hard metallic jewellery sat against the soft, dreamy prints and billowing dresses. Lisa really has done it again.





Ginger and Smart RAFW 2010
I am a huge fan of structure...but I love Ginger and Smart's use of drape with hints of of structure here and there. Also, the prints are to dye (HA, pun intended) for! I'm loving prints at the moment, I think they add a new dimension to an outfit and tell a fabulous story...so much so that I'm thinking of using them within my graduate collection.







Camilla RAFW 2010
The trend was tribal, exotica. I am not a huge fan of kaftans and resort wear of the like but the shoes blew me away, and the head pieces were a bit fun.


Thanks to Fashionising for the fabulous images: http://www.fashionising.com/pictures/

No comments:

Post a Comment