curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Favourites...

Some of my favourites from day 1 of RAFW 2010 included Stolen Girlfriends Club and Lucette. I love the way Stolen Girlfriends club mixed it up a little bit and fused tough skins with billowing 80's style transparent sleeves. It was a nice blend of hard and soft, tough and feminine.


Stolen Girlfriends Club - Skins shone in their collection and in particular this piece was one of my favourites. The bold colour, the fabric and the structure going up towards the shoulders was a winner for me. A nice use of an unusual material.


Stolen Girlfriends Club - This look was an absolute favourite of mine, yes it is simple but for me it hits all the right buttons and is something I would design myself. From the looks of it, it is a jersey type material, very trackie dacks-esque with a more demure sleeve. It is fantastic, a contradiction of day and night wear in the one outfit!

ABSOLUTE LOVE!




Lucette
...I think was a definate winner for me...now I can see some very Sass and Bide-ish elements in this collection, from their use of hardware in shirts and the leggings look very much like what Sass and Bide put down the catwalk a few seasons ago BUT never the less the collection works for me and is very much to my aesthetic! I also have to love their use of hardware as it is something I am exploring this year. I think they used it exceptionally well, not too much to make it too costume-esque but just enough to give a tough, futuristic aesthetic!



Lucette - The Leggings and
OH..THOSE SHOES ARE TO DIE FOR!



A bit Dion Lee but still does all the right things, soft, hard, structured and minimal.
HEAVEN!




Hello Hardware!

No comments:

Post a Comment