curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day Three - effortlessly cool.

Anyone who knows me would know that there is nothing I love more than a cool black and white colour palette (add a few shades of grey and I'm even happier). Friedrich Gray pushed all the right buttons for me with his 2010 RAFW collection, electric shapes and patterns fused with a beautiful mix of black and white really created a raw and inspiring collection. I would definately purchase a lot of his collection.


Image: www.thevine.com.au/fashion/

Ellery has always been a stand out for me. This year I found that Kim Ellery's collection was quite in touch with my own design process and the research I have been undertaking. Her use of a strong silver, white and grey colour palette is exactly the route I am taking for my own collection. Her models looks like ice maidens, the clothes were strong, structured and powerful, incredibly stunning!!



Images: www.thevine.com.au/fashion/


Ellery's styling was also quite inspirational - from the set to the models hair and accessories, everything fit into a story - a futuristic water voyage.



Bianca Spender was not a highlight for me so I have only included a few looks that I thought stood out and I personally liked from a design point of view! The make-up got 10 out of 10 from me though!!


Images: www.thevine.com.au/fashion/

Manning Cartel really brought cool, laid back glamour to the catwalk, again the muted colour palette is always a favourite of mine and will win me over every time but apart from that I think the collection had a nice fusion of fabric, texture, drape and tailoring. The lace pieces were beautiful and styled in an edgy laid back manner.





Image: www.thevine.com

I research Therese Rawsthorne for a university assignment only a few weeks ago in regards to her being an up and coming designer. I enjoy her style and the mood she creates with her clothing and her aesthetic is becoming one that I really like. She seems to create a soft feeling yet she still has a hard and rough edge to her designs which is why I am so intrigued!


No comments:

Post a Comment