curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

day four is a stunner...

Kirrily Johnston always amazes me, over the past few years she has produced some really inspiring collections. Her tribal, geometric play on things this year was beautiful, the way the fabric drapes with the interesting prints really left me wanting more. Such an inspiring designer within my work, she really knows how to produce a sweet little draped number or tailor the hell out of a jacket!
The hair design was a highlight aswell as the fantastic necklaces - very modern tribal! Images: www.vogue.com
Day three at RAFW and Dion Lee stunned me once again. His pleated frocks were elegantly draped with a hint of structure and the dreamy pastels mixed with a harsh black was a palette I would use myself. The only negative about Lee's collection was the prints reminded me of Josh Goot a few seasons ago...but regardless of that, I think Lee put out yet another stunning collection. I love a structured metal necklace - inspiring for my own graduate collection. Lee went back to his roots with laser cutting. Transparency works a charm in this collection.

Images: www.thevine.com.au/fashion/

No comments:

Post a Comment