curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Saturday, May 22, 2010

the journal.

Each time we get a brief I get excited about putting together my design journal, it's something that I take quite seriously and always find myself going back to many months or years later and browsing through them, getting inspiration or just to see how much I have grown as a designer. In a way they are like my own little personal collection of story books, stories about my journey as a designer and a student and a journey of my life and how I have grown through my design processes.

Lately I have been exploring dyeing and trying to obtain the right colours for my collection. I find dyeing a bit of a slow and annoying process at times but if you keep at it you really can achieve some really good results that will set your collection apart from the rest.


A sample of a page in my design journal for 2010, exploring dye and colour. Trying to obtain the right balance of a lime green and a turquoise blue to set off my palette of greys, whites and silver.


A few more samples from my journal, exploring the design process through sketch and collage. My fabrics are always on hand when designing my collections so I know exactly what I am dealing with and how the material works.

No comments:

Post a Comment