curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Thursday, May 6, 2010

a date with romance.

Romance was born are always a treat...Anna Plunket and Luke Sales have a real vision each time it comes to presenting a collection and that vision is never compromised which is what I love about the label. It still has that air of creativity about it that has not yet been squashed by consumerism.

This collection was a mix of dark gothic glamour and beauty, romance and other world creatures. The duo took me on a fantasty ride which is what I am studying this year in relation to my own collection, fashions ability to allow us to engage in fantasy and transform our identity to whatever we want it to be. Romance did this for me!! I was lucky enough to get a glimpse of Anna and Luke at last years UTS Graduate Industry show which let me tell you was one of those wet your pants moments (sorry for the disgusting image) but it really was, I am so inspired and in awe of these two designers and seeing them in the flesh was amazing, they have such an effortless look about them like they just threw on this cardigan filled with dollar bills and they don't care. Being in their presence was amazing and I wish I could have as much style as them...unfortunately we are not all blessed with that cool gene!!



Behind the scenes images from: http://oystermag.com/oysters-pick-of-the-year#more-969

Images from: www.vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment