curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

kirrily, a real rafw winner.









Kirrily Johnston Spring/Summer 2011/2012 Collection.
Rosemount Australian Fashion Week.

Kirrily Johnston's latest Spring/Summer collection makes me feel at home, the styling of the show, the tonal colour palette and the silhouettes are exactly what I like when it comes to clothes. I not only like to wear clothes like this (when I can afford to), this is exactly the way I design. I feel a little connection to this collection (as silly as it may sound) but it feels like it was made just for my pleasure!


Firstly the rich earthy browns/tans mixed with delicate soft prints, draping, structure and gorgeous black and white (a fave of mine) create for a very honest yet moody collection. Johnston always adds some quirky touches to her very wearable collections which is something else I love about the designer. The styling in this collection, to me is perfection, I would not change one thing, the belts and necklaces with gold pieces mixed with armour like sandals are a perfect match for the fabrics and silhouettes.
Even the hair was delicious.

I really have nothing bad to say about this collection except that I could never afford it!



Kirrily Johnston. love.
Hope you enjoy as much as I do.
xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment