curious and curiouser. chasing rabbits. daydream believer. royal romance. fractured fashion

Monday, March 21, 2011

L'oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival 2011



Last Tuesday I flew into Melbourne airport ready to be dazzled by L'oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival and I have to admit, I was not at all disappointed of my visit!
I was lucky enough to be volunteering at the event as well as attending some of the shows that were on during the week.


Day 3 (Wednesday) was the L'oreal Paris Beauty Workshop at the Sofitel (such a beautiful hotel) where the one and only Rae Morris talked the audience through the perfect way to achieve the 'perfect' made up face.


To be honest, while Rae was talking I felt kind of guilty, everything she was saying NOT TO DO with your make-up was everything I do with my make-up, clearly showing I have no idea when it comes to make-up.


The event was amazing. Three L'oreal make-up artists performed their magic on stage, applying make-up to their three effortlessly beautiful models (they honestly didn't need to be wearing make-up) while Rae and Marie Claire Beauty Editor Emily Taylor discussed the seasons new looks in make-up.


The highlight for a lot of people I think was the amazing gift bag that myself and 11 other volunteers prepared and handed out to the audience. A Marie Claire magazine and a L'oreal gift back filled with hair serum, hair spray, mascara and much more was well worth the $35 ticket!
I was lucky enough to take home one of the amazing gift bags (plus many others across the week)


In between unpacking countless amounts of magazines and gift bags, setting up the gift bag stations, greeting guests and collecting tickets the LMFF team and the wonderful people at the Sofitel treated us 12 volunteers to mini quiches and an overwhelming amount of coffee and tea. It was pure bliss.


After the Beauty Workshop day 3 was far from being over...next I attended the LMFF Sportsgirl Graduate Showcase at Docklands...but that's another story in itself...
xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment